Non resident - selling a property in Cdn Posted on Jan 27, 2020

If you are a non resident and is about to dispose a property in Canada - you must notify the government and obtain a Certificate of Compliance. If you are giving a notice of a completed disposition, you must notify the CRA by registered mail no later than 10 days after the date of disposition. The penalty, for failing to file or submit a notice on time is $25 a day (minimum $100 - maximum $2,500).

Properties that need to be reported:
Land or buildings
Business property
Partnership property
Designated insurance property