Who can apply?
You are unable to work at least 50% of your scheduled work week because you're self-isolating for one of the following reasons:
- You are sick with COVID-19 or may have COVID-19
- You are advised to self-isolate due to COVID-19
- You have an underlying health condition that puts you at greater risk of getting COVID.
How much you can get
- you can receive $500 ($450 after taxes withheld) for each 1-week period.
Periods one can apply for
- You can apply for a maximum of 2 weeks between September 27, 2020 and September 25, 2021. The 2 weeks do not have to be taken consecutively.
Eligibility cannot be extended even if you are sick or self-isolating for more than two periods or become sick with COVID again.
Not eligible for the program if receive paid leave from an employer.
Limitations for all 3 programs:
- Need to be a tax resident of Canada (don’t need to be a permanent resident or Citizen). Need SIN.
- 15 years old or over.
- Earned at least $5,000 in 2019,2020 or in previous 12 month before the application date.
- While receiving benefits under one of the above programs, at the same time is not eligible for : CRB, CRSB, CRCB, short term disability, workers compensation, EI, QPIP.