Child care expenses Posted on Mar 10, 2020

If you pay one of your minor children to babysit their siblings, it is not an eligible child care expense.

Specifically, when the childcare service are provided by an individual, the individual cannot be ONE of the following:

1. Child's father or mother

2. Another supporting person

3. A person under 18 years of age who is related to you. A person is related to you if they are connected to you by blood, marriage, adoption or common law relationship. Specifically those are related to you - brother, sister, brother/sister in law, your or your spouses children. Those are not related to you - niece, nephew, aunt, uncle.